Non sono muffin e neanche cupcakes ma in quanto a gusto non hanno niente da invidiargli! La ricetta very british di questo mese è dedicata agli Scones, panini dolci con uvetta e ripieno di marmellata! 🤩
340 gr flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
55 gr unsalted butter, cubed
100 gr caster sugar
65 gr raisins, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained
95 gr whole milk
3 large eggs, divided
Jam, to serve
– In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender or your fingertips, rub in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in sugar.
– In a small bowl, combine drained raisins, milk, and 2 eggs.
– Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
– Add raisin mixture, and using a knife, stir together just until a soft, wet dough forms.
– Turn out dough onto a heavily floured surface, and sprinkle with flour. Gently knead dough by folding in half and then turning through 45 degrees. Repeat until dough is smooth and springs back slightly when pressed. Be careful not to overwork the dough.
– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Lightly sprinkle dough with flour, and roll to about 2,5 cm thickness. Using a 7,5cm round cutter, cut dough, rerolling scraps as necessary.
– Place on prepared pan. Let rest for 1 hour.
– Preheat oven to 200°C.
– In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 egg; brush over top of scones (avoid getting any egg on the sides, as this will prevent the scones from rising properly).
– Bake until golden brown on top, about 12 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving with jam.
Recipe by Bake From Scratch